All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn nearly a quarter of households in the US, someone is caring for an elderly parent. Authors Candy Arrington and Kim Atchley draw from their personal experiences to speak to and support those who face the challenges of caring for a parent. With compassion and guidance, Arrington and Atchley partner with readers to: help a parent with limited mobility, memory, ability, and resources; draw from the wisdom of Scripture for sustenance; understand the elderly parent's perspective on giving up control, illness, and aging; effectively organize forms, prescriptions, care, housing, and finances; and find personal balance by nurturing their own health, faith, and family. What begins as a way to hor those they love becomes, for many, a confusing and stressful time. This resource of hope provides caregivers with the support and direction they need to be spiritually, physically, and emotionally prepared for what they face day by day.
- Author BiographyCandy Arrington's writing provides biblical insights and practical advice, often on tough topics. Her publishing credits include hundreds of articles in periodicals such as Focus on the Family, Today's Christian Woman, Marriage Partnership, Encounter, Pray, and The Lookout, and her stories have appeared in the Chicken Soup and Cup of Comfort series. Additionally, she is coauthor of Aftershock: Help, Hope, and Healing in the Wake of Suicide. Candy and her husband, Jim, are parents of two young adults and serve as primary caregivers for Candy's mother. Kim Atchley is a freelance writer whose articles have appeared in numerous publications including Hometown News and Prime Years for which she did a series on Hospice and on the sandwich generation. For four years she was a columnist and feature writer for the Spartanburg Herald Journal. She and husband, Ryan, have three children. Kim was primary caregiver for both her parents during their battles with cancer.
- Author(s)Candy Arrington,Kim Atchley
- PublisherHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEugene, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvest House Publishers,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.