All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionAn old man shares his secret for happiness. The two halves of the brain debate the meaning of life. A young man explains why he chose life over death. An explorer and his team are trapped in a hostile environment, the fate of their extremely important mission in doubt. A common tradesman must solve an unanswered question to win the love of a princess; he seeks the answer with a reclusive hermit deep in the mountains. The stories in When Zero Died aren't ordinary: They draw on some of the oldest, classic forms in storytelling-allegory and myth-to explore what it means to live a thoughtful, selfless life in a chaotic, selfish world. They blur the line between science and religion to show how deeply interconnected the world, and everything in it, really is. Full of sharp intelligence, humor, and pathos, When Zero Died will make you think about how perfectly ordered and designed the universe is, and will force you to re-consider how you live your own life.
- Author BiographySermed Ogretim, Ph.D. is an aeronautical engineer who is also actively into creative writing, ice skating and acting. When Zero Died is his first book composed of stories that present original perspectives on life, nature, and human experience. These writings aren't mere philosophical essays nor are they similar to other stories we are used to seeing on the shelves: When zero died, Hearing the light, Remembering the super victim, and others... They are literally extraordinary; hence the name of the book. He is married, and has three sons.
- Author(s)Sermed Ogretim
- PublisherBlue Dome Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Dome Press
- Weight145 g
- Width109 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.