All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionADHD doesn't just affect kids - adults can have it too. This will come as surprise if you are close to an adult who has problems with attention, concentration, distractibility, impulsiveness, forgetfulness or self-control (or all of these symptoms). The good news is that with effective treatment your loved one with ADHD can have a happier, more successful life and a stronger, closer relationship with you and others. Without sugar coating the facts, internationally rewned ADHD expert Dr. Russell Barkley explains in this book what ADHD is all about and how you can tell if your spouse, partner, friend, adult child, or sibling may have it. He shows how to guide your loved one toward the right treatment and, using examples from real life, answers questions such as: * What health risks does ADHD impose on those who have it?* Why am I feeling resentful toward my loved one with ADHD?* What can I personally do to help my loved one at home, at work, and in other areas of life?* How can I avoid wasting time and money on sham treatments?* What if my loved one doesn't want help?Adults with ADHD can achieve their goals and live out big dreams - and you can help. In this book you will learn practical steps for helping your loved one accept and manage their disorder, and pursue paths in life where ADHD might t pose such a big problem.
- Author BiographyRussell A. Barkley, PhD, is a clinical professor of psychiatry and pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina. He holds a diplomate (board certification) in three specialties: clinical psychology, clinical child and adolescent psychology, and clinical neuropsychology. Dr. Barkley is a clinical scientist, educator, and practitioner whose publications include 22 books, rating scales, and clinical manuals; seven award-winning DVDs; and more than 260 scientific articles and book chapters related to the nature, assessment, and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and related disorders. He is also the founder and editor of the clinical newsletter The ADHD Report, now in its 24th year of publication. Dr. Barkley has presented more than 800 invited addresses internationally and appeared on nationally televised programs, such as 60 Minutes, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Sunday Morning, CNN, and many other television and radio programs to disseminate the science about ADHD. He has received awards from APA, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Board of Professional Psychology, Association for the Advancement of Applied and Preventive Psychology, the Wisconsin Psychological Association, and Children and Adults with ADHD for his career accomplishments, contributions to ADHD research and clinical practice, and disseminating science about ADHD.
- Author(s)Russell A. Barkley
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.