All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionFrom New York Times bestselling author of Shoe Addicts Anymous and Always Something There to Remind Me Beth Harbison comes When In Doubt, Add Butter, a scrumptious new vel about food and love, and the longings of the heart...As far as Gemma is concerned, her days of dating are over. In fact, it's her job to cater other peoples' dates, and that's just fine by her. At thirty-seven, she has her own business, working as a private chef, and her life feels full and secure. She's got six steady clients that keep her hands full.There's Lex, the fussy but fabulous department store owner who loves Oysters Rockefeller and retro party food; Willa, who needs to lose weight under doctor's orders but still believes butter makes everything better; a colorful family who may or may t be part of the Russian mob; an uberwealthy Georgetown family; the picture-perfect Van Houghtens, whose matriarch is allergic to everything ; and finally, a man she calls Mr. Tuesday, whom she has never met but to whom she feels a magnetic attraction, in part, due to his taste for full-on comfort food. For Gemma, cooking is predictable. Recipes are certain. Use good ingredients, follow the directions, and you are assured success. Life, on the other hand, is full of variables. So when Gemma's takes an unexpected turn on a road she always thought was straight and narrow, she must face her past and move on in ways she never would have imagined. Because sometimes in life, all you need is a little hope, a lot of courage, and---oh yes---butter.
- Author BiographyBeth Harbison is The New York Times bestselling author of Always Something There to Remind Me; Thin, Rich, Pretty; Hope in a Jar; Secrets of a Shoe Addict, and Shoe Addicts Anonymous. She grew up in Potomac, Maryland, outside Washington, D.C., and now shares her time between that suburb, New York City, and a quiet home on the Eastern shore.
- Author(s)Beth Harbison
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date20/12/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.