All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith poignant insight and humor, Frank Vertosick Jr., MD, describes some of the greatest challenges of his career, including a six-week-old infant with a tumor in her brain, a young man struck down in his prime by paraplegia, and a minister with a .22-caliber bullet lodged in his skull. Told through intimate portraits of Vertosick's patients and unsparing yet fascinatingly detailed descriptions of surgical procedures, When the Air Hits Your Brain-the culmination of decades spent struggling to learn an unforgiving craft-illuminates both the mysteries of the mind and the realities of the operating room.
- Author BiographyFrank Vertosick Jr., MD, is the author of Why We Hurt and The Genius Within. He retired from surgery due to Parkinson's disease in 2002, but he still treats office patients in Washington, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Frank Vertosick
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.