All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe only way you'll ever have a baby is through IVF or adoption. Until the moment she first heard those words, Joanne Jones had taken for granted that she would become a mother with a family of her own. Now she would spend the next decade doing everything within her power to conceive or adopt. From endless rounds of IVF to faith healing and Chinese herbs, she tried them all, believing that with eugh willpower and determination she would succeed. But it was t to be. And then began Joanne's real challenge, the painful task of how to accept and adjust to the fact that she would never be a mother, never hold her own child, never share the ups and downs of parenting with her partner. In coming to terms with her childlessness, Joanne faced some hard and often unanswerable questions. When the Bough Breaks is a beautifully written and compelling journey of self discovery - sometimes sad, frequently amusing, courageous and above all, blazingly honest. It will resonate with women everywhere, regardless of their circumstances, as ultimately it is a story of learning to accept yourself for who you are, unconditionally.
- PrizesShortlisted for Finch Memoir Prize 2010.
- Author(s)Joanne W. Jones
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Weight316 g
- Width153 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.