All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving Through Heartbreak and Renewal If you never knew disappointment, would you ever grow? If you had never felt loss, could you have compassion for ather? Without real heartache, would you ever kw the greatness of love? On When the Heart Breaks, David Whyte invites you to join him in an investigation of a question that rests at the center of human experience. With a poet's insight into the landscape of the soul, he offers a deeply moving exploration of how we experience love and loss, and how with resilience and time we can rise again each time we are broken. No human being has ever lived without kwing heartbreak, David Whyte tells us. And to accept that truth is to give a merciful gift to ourselves. As David reveals, so often our hearts break because the love we offer-whether to a partner, a friend, a child, or a place-is t returned to us in the same way. Yet if we retreat from experience of unrequited love, he says, we miss the opportunity to discover the countless invisible ways that the world offers us its love in return, often unlooked for and unrecognized. Understanding heartbreak, says David Whyte, helps us to develop a more beautiful mind-a mind that embraces the hidden riches of life. We learn to apprentice ourselves to the great and small difficulties that test the edges of our identity and lead us into greater and greater understanding. With words to inspire laughter, courage, and deep reflection, David Whyte invites you to join him in the great conversation that takes us into the exquisite vulnerability of the unkwn-the way a heartbreak can make us more humble, more aware, and expand our ability to love.
- Author BiographyDavid Whyte is an internationally recognized poet, prose author, naturalist, and thinker in organizational leadership. He grew up in Yorkshire of an Irish mother and lives in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. He is the author of seven books of poetry. For more, visit davidwhyte.com.
- Author(s)David Whyte
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Out-of-print date10/01/2017
- Weight68 g
- Width142 mm
- Height122 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Running Time120
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.