All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionTwo experienced women pastors share their ministry experiences and those of many female colleagues in order to encourage fledgling women ministers and seminary students on their pathways to local church ministry. Debra Harmon and Barbara Rhodes describe the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful in ministry to help women develop realistic expectations as they enter their first church assignments. With humor and energy, the authors look back through their experiences of seeking a position, accepting a call, negotiating equitable salary and benefit packages, accepting the lack of acceptance of some parishioners, finding their particular strengths in ministry, and working within the local church and the local community to extend God's kingdom. Despite all the barriers met and opposition faced, Harmon and Rhodes come out with a tone of joy and enthusiasm for ministry. They show how following God's call has brought difficult times for family and friends, but in the end has proved joyful and rewarding for all. Thus they conclude by welcoming all their sisters to follow God's call matter the obstacles and find the same joy and fulfillment they have found.
- Author BiographyDebra E. Harmon is an ordained minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and is minister of Edinburg Christian Church in Edinburg, Virginia. She is married to Robert Harmon, who is also an ordained Disciples minister. Barbara J. Rhodes is a retired ordained minister in the United Church of Christ having served churches in Virginia and Pennsylvania as a pastor. Currently she is serving as an interim minister at Centenary Reformed United Church of Christ in Winchester, Virginia.
- Author(s)Barbara J. Rhodes,Debra E. Harmon
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis, MO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.