All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- DescriptionPeople overcome impossible odds where others surrendered and failed. What would you do if you were stranded or trapped in a situation where you had to fight for your life? When the Worst Happens is a collection of intense, true stories set in distant corners of the earth. * A massive cave-in traps 19-year-old Jimmy Sanchez and 32 other Chilean miners deep below the earth. * Twelve-year-old Bala and his two sisters must survive on a tiny island off the Australian coast after their boat capsizes. * When her plane crashes in the Peruvian jungle, 17-year-old Juliane struggles to find help. In extreme situations such as these, people can pull together, show almost super-human skill, and survive. But sometimes they face madness, greed or mutiny. These action-packed accounts reveal the critical decisions that determined the fate of each victim. In an attempt to answer the question why people react the way they do in extreme circumstances, When the Worst Happens also looks at modern psychological studies, interesting historical details and settings, as well as seemingly unrelated events, to discover what draws the line between success and tragedy.
- Author BiographyTanya Lloyd Kyi is the popular award-winning author of both fiction and non-fiction for young readers, including 50 Body Questions and 50 Underwear Questions. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. David Parkins does editorial cartoons for The Economist, cartoon strips, and has illustrated numerous children's books. Born in the UK, David now resides in Canada.
- Author(s)Tanya Lloyd-Kyi
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Parkins
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.