All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn April 16, 1944, the tanker SS Pan Pennsylvania was torpedoed and sunk by the U-550. In return the sub was sent to the bottom by three destroyer escorts which were guarding the convoy. For more than 60 years the location of the U-boat's wreck eluded divers. In 2012, a team found it. This was the last undiscovered U-boat in diveable waters, more than three hundred feet below the surface. This is the story of their 20 year quest to find the 'Holy Grail' of deep sea diving and the tenacious efforts to dive on this treacherous wreck.
- Author Biography<b>Randall Peffer</b> is the author of eight nonfiction books, most with a nautical angle, as well as nine crime/suspense novels. His first book, <i>Watermen</i>, is a documentary of the lives of the Chesapeake's fishermen. It won the <i>Baltimore Sun</i>'s Critic's Choice Award and was Maryland Book of the Year. His novel <i>Provincetown Follies, Bangkok Blues </i>was a Lambda Award finalist and has been optioned for film by producer Barr Potter of Tripod Entertainment. The son of a career naval officer, Peffer holds a 100-ton masters license and has logged over one hundred thousand miles at sea, mostly in traditional working vessels. Peffer teaches writing and literature at Phillips Academy, Andover.
- Author(s)Randall S. Peffer
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.