All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1967, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., isolated himself from the demands of the civil rights movement, rented a house in Jamaica with telephone, and labored over his final manuscript. In this prophetic work, which has been unavailable for more than ten years, he lays out his thoughts, plans, and dreams for America's future, including the need for better jobs, higher wages, decent housing, and quality education. With a universal message of hope that continues to resonate, King demanded an end to global suffering, asserting that humankind-for the first time-has the resources and techlogy to eradicate poverty.
- Author Biography<b>Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.</b> (1929-1968), Nobel Peace Prize laureate and architect of the nonviolent civil rights movement, was among the twentieth century's most influential figures. One of the greatest orators in US history, King also authored several books, including <i>Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story</i>, <i>Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?</i>, and <i>Why We Can't Wait</i>. His speeches, sermons, and writings are inspirational and timeless. King was assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee, on April 4, 1968.
- Author(s)Martin Luther King
- PublisherBeacon Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2010
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleThe King Legacy
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Press
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.