All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an intensely readable look at the Christian Church down the ages, providing powerful messages for our own times. Many church members kw little or thing about the story of Christianity between the New Testament period and today. They therefore may t realise how much they have been inﬂuenced by traditions developed during that time. These can have both a negative and positive beneﬁ t. Negative, because 'those who forget history are condemned to relive it'. Most of the mistakes we make and errors we fall into have happened before and we can learn from our forefathers to avoid them. Positive, because we have such a rich heritage it would be folly to igre. We can draw inspiration and examples from the spiritual giants who went before us and, after all, we can look forward to meeting them personally in glory.
- Author BiographyDavid Pawson was born in 1930. His father was a Methodist minister and his grandfather, a Professor of Agriculture. David, however, began his career with a degree in Agriculture at Durham University, England. With a newly acquired farm in Scotland, David was surprised when God intervened and led him to become a Christian minister. After completing an MA in Theology at Cambridge University, David became a chaplain in the Royal Air Force for three years. He then moved on to pastor a number of churches in England including the Millmead Centre in Guildford where under David's caring leadership, the church became a model for many UK church pastors. His time at Millmead was also his most fruitful in terms of the library of his audio teachings. In 1979 David was released from the Millmead Centre to fulﬁll a wider international ministry. David now has an itinerant ministry predominantly to church leaders world wide. Millions of copies of his audio Bible teachings have been distributed to over 120 countries. He is a writer and speaker of urgency, clarity and uncompromising faithfulness to the Scriptures. He is widely considered to be one of the world's ﬁnest biblical expositors.
- Author(s)David Pawson
- PublisherAnchor Recordings
- Date of Publication13/02/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationAshford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnchor Recordings
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRetitled
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.