Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionPauline Quirke was a skinny child, a slim teenager, a curvy woman, then - according to her bathroom scales (curse them) - just plain fat. Yes, the 'F' word. Tipping the scales at nearly 20 stone, with creaking knees and a dodgy ankle to boot, at the beginning of 2011 Pauline had reached a crisis point. Something had to change, and fast. It was never going to be an easy ride, but with her trademark warmth and sense of humour, Pauline recounts the highs and lows of the rollercoaster year in which she whips herself, and her life, into shape - with a fair few tales from her celebrated forty-year acting career thrown into the bargain. She reveals all: from the strain of working long hours away from home on one of Britain's most popular soaps to renewing her wedding vows and reuniting with her Birds of a Feather co-stars; from battling the bulge and facing the naysayers to rediscovering the joys of airline travel ...without a seatbelt extension. Honest and revealing, Where Have I Gone? is brimming with brilliantly funny anecdotes and truly moving moments. So put your feet up and join Pauline as she embarks on the most incredible year of her life.
- Author BiographyPauline Quirke began her career in television at just eight years old, appearing in Dixon of Dock Green. She went on to host children's TV series in the 1970s, before taking a role in The Elephant Man. In 1989 Pauline was cast as loveable loudmouth Sharon Theodopolopodus in Birds of a Feather, which turned her into a household name. She remained with the series until its conclusion in 1998 after over 100 episodes, before gaining critical acclaim for performances in Down to Earth and The Sculptress. After recent roles in Skins, The Bill and Casualty, Pauline joined the cast of Emmerdale where she played the part of chirpy chatterbox Hazel Rhodes.
- Author(s)Pauline Quirke
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date11/08/2014
- Content Note3 x 8pp colour pic sections
- Weight592 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.