All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than two thousand years ago, with his land under constant attack from mads, the First Emperor of China came up with a simple solution: build a wall to keep out enemies. It was a wall that kept growing and growing. But its construction came at a huge cost: it is believed that more than a million Chinese died building it, earning the wall its nickname--the longest cemetery on earth. Through the story of the wall, Patricia Brennan Demuth is able to tell the story of China itself, the rise and fall of dynasties, the greatness of its culture, and its present-day status as a Communist world power.
- Author BiographyPatricia Brennan Demuth is the author of What Was Ellis Island?, What Was Pearl Harbor?, Who Was Laura Ingalls Wilder?, and Who Is Bill Gates?
- Author(s)Patricia Brennan Demuth
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWhere Is...?
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jerry Hoare,David Groff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.