CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.42
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary urban America comes alive in this eclectic compilation of short and flash fiction with an inner-city aesthetic filtered through the brevity of hip-hop culture. A wide variety of strong voices and unforgettable characters are united by the humorous and unusual predicaments in which they find themselves, and many of the stories tackle contemporary psychological and sociological issues. Stories like Simple, The Faucet, and Getting to Kw Him demonstrate a wonderful ear for the lilt of the spoken language while portraying everyday drama. Other engaging tales like Men at Work, Chicken, and Cleaving to the Man prove how thought-provoking entertainment can be. These quick slices of life and easily consumable vignettes aim for a sophistication t common in most urban fiction.
- Author BiographyKim L. Dulaney is an English instructor and a former entertainment broker. She is the author of The Beautiful Ones and Star Struck: An American Epidemic. She lives in Chicago.
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.