CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionNot since pirates plundered the coastline of South Carolina 300 years ago, capturing Charleston citizens and holding them hostage, had a crime created as much fear -- and interest -- as the murder of socialite Loris Campbell. The intrigue begins on a sunny, spring morning with the discovery of Loris's body at her Society Street home. Audrey Durant, assigned to the investigation by the Charleston Police Department, finds herself pulled in divergent directions. Instinct tells her that the murder was committed by a family member. Her search, however, uncovers unscrupulous lawyers, doctors armed with prescription pads, and a pack of predatory conservators. Battling Audrey along the way is Solicitor Pinckney, whose political career is on the rise, and for whom a successful prosecution could open the door to the Goverr's mansion. As Audrey unscrambles the family battle that forced Loris's overmedicated husband into a nursing home, her unusual detective style draws on her fascination for South Carolina's colorful history -- finding echoes and clues from the past in the characters and realities of the present case and culminating in a disturbingly realistic conclusion that could happen to any family.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Hatcher True
- PublisherMill City Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMill City Press, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.