All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionTHIRD EDITION! A health care manual for people traveling with pets in areas where limited veterinary facilities are available. Directed at long distance or off-shore cruising sailors, the information is also applicable to pet owners living or traveling in RV's or those in wilderness or third world environments. Addresses ways that you, as a pet owner with common sense and a few skills, may be able to treat temporarily until professional care is available, and includes info on how to best prepare your pet for obtaining an import permit into the greatest number of countries. Includes a rating system to rate various procedures according to degree of difficulty and possible risk to the patient. Included are suggested lists of drugs and supplies, again rated according to user skill level and duration of trip. A drug formulary is provided which gives proper drug dosages for many medications, even if limited only to your human medical kit. In addition to cruising sailors, this book is applicable to backwoods travelers, international travelers, and those spending substantial time in areas where veterinary services are unavailable. If you haven't already checked it out visit my website and blog at www.captdrdave.com.
- Author BiographyDavid W. LaVigne, D.V.M., AKA Captain Doctor Dave, has been a practicing veterinarian for 35 years, and is licensed to practice in Florida and Michigan. He is also a former USCG licensed master and a former rear commodore in the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA). He and wife Annie left Michigan aboard their 37 foot CSY sailboat and headed across the Great Lakes and the Erie Canal, down the Hudson River and the east coast to Chesapeake Bay where they spent four years living aboard and cruising the Chesapeake Bay. From the Chesapeake they moved on to the Caribbean where they continued to live aboard and cruise for an additional four years. Captain Doctor Dave is the author of two books aimed at the sailing or traveling pet, Where There Is No Pet Doctor (originally released as Wilderness Veterinary Companion for Cruisers ), a pet health care book, and Pets On Board? Adapting Your Pet to Travel by Boat or RV. In the past he has presented seminars at a number of boat shows and cruising venues. He has offered online classes on cruising with pets for the Seven Seas Cruising Association and has written articles for their website and has also offered an inland version of his webinars through the Great Lakes Cruising Club's GLCC School. His off-shore Cruising with Pets webinar is now offered online for free through Dr. Dave's website captdrdave.com. He now resides on Florida's Gulf Coast where he practices emergency and critical care medicine.
- Author(s)David LaVigne
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.