All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last few decades, Americans have turned college admissions into a terrifying and occasionally devastating process, preceded by test prep, tutors, all sorts of stratagems, all kinds of rankings, and a conviction among too many young people that their futures will be determined and their worth established by which schools say yes and which say . That belief is wrong. It's cruel. And in WHERE YOU GO IS NOT WHO YOU'LL BE, Frank Bruni explains why, giving students and their parents a new perspective on this brutal, deeply flawed competition and a path out of the anxiety that it provokes. Bruni, a bestselling author and a columnist for the New York Times, shows that the Ivy League has mopoly on corner offices, goverrs' mansions, or the most prestigious academic and scientific grants. Through statistics, surveys, and the stories of hugely successful people who didn't attend the most exclusive schools, he demonstrates that many kinds of colleges-large public universities, tiny hideaways in the hinterlands-serve as ideal springboards. And he illuminates how to make the most of them. What matters in the end are a student's efforts in and out of the classroom, t the gleam of his or her diploma. Where you go isn't who you'll be. Americans need to hear that-and this indispensable manifesto says it with eloquence and respect for the real promise of higher education.
- Author BiographyFrank Bruni has been an op-ed columnist for the New York Times since 2011. He previously worked as the newspaper's Rome bureau chief, Sunday magazine staff writer, one of its White House correspondents, and its chief restaurant critic. Bruni is the author of two previous bestsellers, the memoir Born Round and a chronicle of George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign, Ambling into History.
- Author(s)Frank Bruni
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.