All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- Description'Where the bad sad kids go' provides an insight into the world of educating young people attending a New Zealand Juvenile Detention facility in the late 1990's.
- Author BiographyDr Alison Sutherland trained as a secondary school teacher and was the school principal of a New Zealand Youth 'prison'. After this school closed she was employed by New Zealand's Ministry of Education's 'Severe Behavior Team' to support teachers facing students with challenging behaviors. Alison later completed a PhD 'Classroom to prison cell: young offenders perception of their school experience'. In keeping with her promise to the young people she interviewed, Alison wrote her first book 'Classroom to prison cell', the Foreword written by Andrew Becroft, New Zealand's Principal Youth Court Judge. Never forgetting her experience as teaching principal at the Youth Justice facility, in this book Alison has shared the stories of how the school functioned and anecdotes of the 'sometimes bad, mostly sad' young people she taught. Alison's other passion is New Zealand's critically endangered Arapawa goat. She wrote and published a children's illustrated book titled 'Old Will, the first Arapawa goat' and is currently writing a non-fiction book 'Captain Cook's Goats? The facts and myths that surround New Zealand's Arapawa Goats'.
- Author(s)Alison J Sutherland
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.