All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the depths of the Depression. In the words of President Franklin Roosevelt, 'One third of the country was ill-housed, ill-clothed, and ill-fed'. Young Bennie Todd and his family - forced to live in an unheated, sparsely furnished apartment in Waubonsee - are exception. Bennie, sickly and always hungry, longs for the place where he was born - the family farm on the Wisconsin Cut-Over. When mysterious Uncle Newt arrives from Alaska and makes the move back possible, Bennie's world enlarges, encompassing the swamps and woodlands of rth-western Wisconsin and the legends surrounding them, the story of his Sioux great-grandmother, and eventually the tender passion of his first and lasting love. In part an autobiography of his Depression childhood, and a multigenerational family saga, Boyer brings to life the mood, the desperation of those years, and re-creates memorable moments in our common history - truly a book for our time.
- Author(s)Glenn Boyer
- PublisherLegendary Publishing Company
- Date of Publication05/01/2010
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationEdmond, OK
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLegendary Publishing Company
- Weight885 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.