Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.99Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by charliejodesigns
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite being Australia's smallest mainland state, Victoria's varied landscapes provide habitat for more than 500 bird species. It is without question one of Australia's best-kept birding secrets. This guide features over 40 destinations throughout Victoria, including such classic birding spots as Wyperfeld, Hattah, Kulkyne, Little Desert, Chiltern, Mount Pilot, Terrick Terrick, the Grampians, Croajingolong, Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula, the Otway Ranges, Wilsons Promontory and Mount Buffalo, as well as many places in and around Melbourne and along the coast. It provides information on how to get to each destination, what facilities and accommodation to expect and precisely where to look for those special or rare birds. The book also provides a comprehensive and up-to-date list of birds, with the degree of rarity and where to see it ted for each species.
- Author BiographyPrincipal editor Tim Dolby is a committee member and former president of Birds Australia (Vic). He is a regular contributor to ABC radio on issues relating to birds and the organiser of the celebrated birdwatching event, the Twitchathon. Penny Johns is on the committee of Birds Australia (Vic), and is the editor of its quarterly newsletter, the Vic Babbler. She is also a committee member of the Australasian Wader Studies Group. Sally Symonds had a life-long interest in birds and worked tirelessly for the conservation of their habitat. She was a committee member of Birds Australia (Vic) and editor of its quarterly newsletter.
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPenny Johns,Sally Symonds,Tim Dolby
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.