All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren love to pore over detailed illustrations, especially when they contain hidden elements for them to find. This endlessly entertaining book opens up entire historic periods to young readers in double page spreads that are teeming with life and meticulously drawn to teach them about artistic traditions. Each spread represents a moment in history, capturing how art was integrated into daily life and illustrating contemporary styles, tools and mediums. Children will learn about cave paintings and what humans used for light and why they painted so many animals and hunting scenes. They'll find themselves in Ancient Greece, where deities watch over a busy marketplace in front of the Parthen, a cross-section of a medieval monastery, Leonardo's workshop, and a collection of 19th-century artists painting in nature are just a few more of the examples which take readers through to the present day. Containing additional information including facts and anecdotes that enhance the experience of learning this is a book to turn to again and again. Where's the Artist provides an ingenious and beautifully executed tutorial on art history that will captivate children of any age.
- Author BiographySusanne Rebscher is the author of numerous art and history books for children. She lives in Bamberg, Germany.
- Author(s)Susanne Rebscher
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note32 colour
- Weight916 g
- Width285 mm
- Height395 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.