Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe eye industry is being challenged. In fact, it might be in its most challenging age yet. Salary demands are climbing, but quality staff are diminishing. Governmental insurance demands make it more difficult to collect and make money. Specialized skills like filing insurance, selling frames, and understanding the science of optics are becoming harder to find. More and more Optometrists are graduating from school. There are less and less jobs. Oh, by the way, did I mention that many of these graduates have over $100,000 in school debt? Optometrists nearing retirement are finding it difficult to find younger OD's who can afford to buy their practices. It is t uncommon for a practice to have six figures in outstanding insurance. The bottom line is that Optometrists are just plain old tired. And while single book is going to address or solve are these problems, this small book is intended to encourage you to enjoy the industry once again. To get you there, to help you enjoy walking in your office again, we are going to take an approach with which you are incredibly familiar. Just like you ask your patients, I'm going to ask you: Which is better: One or Two? What you'll find in the following chapters is three specific areas that if you apply the one or two model, you'll find an enjoyment in your practice, you'll find enjoyment with your staff, and you'll find enjoyment with your patients. So, without any more waiting, here are your questions. Which is Better: One or Two? Whose Glory are You Seeking? Yours or the Practice's? Who Has to Be Right? You or the Best Idea? What are You Zealous for? Profits or Patients? Let's tackle these one by one, and along the way, we'll work through both good and bad examples. Then we'll find give you an opportunity to work through the one or two yourself. Enjoy.
- Author BiographyGordon Duncan is an award-winning educator, salesman, teacher, manager, and writer. He has taught in the public school system, lobbied for school's accreditation, managed eye clinics, led sales' teams, and also publishes books on theology, church, and culture. In addition, he writes regularly on running and spiritual issues through http: //www.examiner.com/evangelical-in-raleigh/gordon-duncan, and http: //www.examiner.com/running-in-raleigh/gordon-duncan. You can find out more about his philosophies for the eye industry at www.practiceprogress.com and his thoughts on church and culture at www.jgordonduncan.com. He has been happily married to Amy for over 15 years and is the proud father of 3 wonderful girls. He is a graduate of East Carolina University and Reformed Theological Seminary. He has been an elder in the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA) since 2000 and planted Sovereign King Church in Garner, NC in 2005. In 2013, Gordon will be starting a new church in the Spotsylvania, VA area. The church is called Evident Grace Fellowship. Learn more at www.evidentgrace.com.
- Author(s)Gordon Duncan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.