Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionFive early stories unpublished since their first magazine appearances in the '20s and '30s, finally unearthed 21 years after Agatha Christie's death, already showing the deft touch of the Queen of Crime in the making. While the Light Lasts The Actress The House of Dreams The Edge Within a Wall Like many of her contemporaries, Agatha Christie wrote stories for a variety of magazines in the 1920s and '30s, and most of these eventually found their way into her books of short stories. Now, 21 years after her death, detective work worthy of Agatha Christie herself has unearthed 'new' stories, most of which have never been published anywhere in the world since their orginal appearances. In this new collection the author observes the tragic flaws in human nature, providing a glimpse of the Queen of Crime in the making. Anyone who has ever read Agatha Christie will enjoy every story for her skill at characterisation and her ability to deliver an unexpected twist in the tail...
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in Torquay in 1890 and became, quite simply, the best-selling novelist in history. Her first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, written towards the end of the First World War, introduced us to Hercule Poirot, who was to become the most popular detective in crime fiction since Sherlock Holmes. She is known throughout the world as the Queen of Crime. Her books have sold over a billion copies in the English language and another billion in 44 foreign languages. She is the author of 80 crime novels and short story collections, 19 plays, and six novels under the name of Mary Westmacott.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication20/11/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight110 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byIsla Blair
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time155
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.