All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionIslay and Jura are the mystical, magical islands in Scotland's Inner Hebrides that boast nine active distilleries, countless world rewned blends and malts and their own whisky classification, protected by Scots law. This book is a celebration of the whiskies of Islay and Jura, and of the islands that shaped them. With a population of just over 3,000 between them, Islay and Jura produce some of the finest whiskies in the world. Islay is perhaps best kwn for smoky, phelic spirits, such as Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg. These have been distilled in its rocky coves of the sheltered east coast for more than 200 years. But in truth Islay and Jura produce a dram for every palette, and their vibrant and expanding whisky industry is a constant source of renewed excellence and taste invation. Fiona Rintoul, an award-winning velist, translator, journalist and whisky enthusiast, provides a background and history to the islands and their distilling, alongside tasting tes on the main malts and blends. Konrad Borkowski, who lives on Jura, provides stunning full colour photographs, documenting each distillery at work through the seasons.
- Author BiographyFiona Rintoul is a financial journalist, author, literary translator and whisky aficionado. Her debut novel Leipzig won the Virginia Prize and was shortlisted for the Saltire Scottish First Book Prize. She translated from the original German the World War One literary masterpiece Outside Verdun by Arnold Zweig to great acclaim. She lives in the Outer Hebrides. Konrad Borkowski is a professional photographer from Southern Poland who lives on the Island of Jura in the Inner Hebrides.
- Author(s)Fiona Rintoul
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2017
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFreight Books
- Content NoteHigh-quality photographs throughout
- Width298 mm
- Height210 mm
- Photographs byKonrad Borkowski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.