CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $43.82
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.25
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.66
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $26.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes narratives inspired by the retelling of Indian stories and legends, with gorgeous artwork. Stunning Aboriginal artwork combines with provocative storytelling to renew, in all their traditional splendor, exceptional legends from around the world. Entertaining, profound, passionate, glorious - these are stories that illustrate and evoke themes common to everyone's life, with an ancient wisdom that helps the listener to cope with today's opportunities for tenderness, grief, passion, and irony. It's easy to imagine yourself transported back to a time when an elder might have told stories like these around a glowing hearth. Thanks to Song's storytelling skills, monsters, heroes, and shape-shifters come alive and open a doorway to the mysteries of life. Easily accessible to all ages, this is a book that speaks to each person at his or her own level of comprehension and need. It's as beautiful to read as it is to look at.
- Author BiographyTamarack Song has sought out the stories of the North African and Central Asian tribal peoples from whom he is descended, and he has listened to the tales of indigenous people from the tundra to the tropics. His books include Journey to the Ancestral Self, and he has contributed to Lois Einhorn's Forgiveness and Child Abuse. He is also a counselor, wilderness skills teacher, rites-of-passage guide, and founder of the Teaching Drum Outdoor School (www.teachingdrum.org). Song lives in the Nicolet National Forest near Three Lakes, Wilconsin. Moses (Amik) Beaver is an Ojibwe artist from the isolated fly-in community of Nibinamik (Summer Beaver), Ontario, three hundred miles north of Lake Superior. Grants from the Ontario Arts Council and other sources support his ongoing work with youth, and partial support for this book's illustrations comes from the District School Board of Nibinamik.
- Author(s)Moses (Amik) Beaver,Tamarack Song
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note100 full colour illustrations
- Weight1293 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.