All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the hardship of war, everything is rationed - except true friendship. From much-loved author Shirley Hughes comes a compelling wartime adventure set during the Liverpool Blitz. Liverpool, 1940: thirteen-year-old Joan's home is under threat from the Nazi's terrifying nightly air-raids. It is t an easy time to be a teenager, especially with the sweet rationing, strict curfews and blackouts. Joan and best friend Doreen love going to the cinema until the bombings intensify and then even that becomes too dangerous, especially when an army deserter is found lurking near their home. Who is he and why does he think Joan can help him? As the Blitz worsens, Joan and her friends make a discovery that will tear the whole community apart...
- Author BiographyShirley Hughes has illustrated more than 200 children's books and is one of the best-loved writers for children. She has won the Kate Greenaway Medal twice and has been awarded the OBE for her distinguished service to children's literature. In 2007, Dogger was voted the UK's favourite Kate Greenaway Medal-winning book of all time. Shirley lives in London.
- Author(s)Shirley Hughes
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.12
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $47.01Trending at AU $53.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $36.39Trending at AU $45.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.