All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe struggles and injustices faced by workers during the Great Depression spring to graphic life in this powerful wordless vel, which traces a middle-class family's downward spiral. Recounted in 128 black-and-white licuts by artist Giacomo Patri, White Collar remained largely undiscovered for decades because of its controversial depictions of class struggle, unionization, and abortion. Patri was forced to print his masterwork privately in limited quantities; this magnificent, first-ever hardcover version is lovingly reproduced from a self-published edition. Suggested for adult readers.
- Author BiographyItalian-born artist and teacher Giacomo Patri (1898-1978) emigrated to the United States in 1916, where he settled in San Francisco and worked as an illustrator for newspapers and books as well as Bay Area unions and political groups. He also served as Chairman of the Art Department at the California Labor School and founded The Patri School of Art Fundamentals.
- Author(s)Giacomo Patri
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width209 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.