All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Michael receives a distress call from Sean, he drops everything to get on the first plane to Hong Kong. Frustrated with post-University life in London, he relishes the prospect of joining an exclusive community of young, overpaid expatriates amid the glamorous skyscrapers of the Far East, and, of course, rescuing his heartbroken best mate. But Michael soon realizes that the alluring veneer of Hong Kong holds a dark side. His so-called friends are taking recreational indulgence to the extreme, milking the time and the place for every last drop of colonial excess. With the Handover to Chinese rule looming, Michael finds that it's easy feat to fit in. And he still has feelings for Candy, Sean's beautiful Eurasian girlfriend. And then the deaths start happening. When Candy goes missing, Michael fears he kws the truth. After all, he kws all about his best friend Sean -- the porn, the prostitutes, the drugs, the depression and, most important of all, the terrible secret they share from school...
- Author BiographyBorn in London, William Rhode has worked for Reuters in India, made films in Thailand, and worked in Hong Kong as a financial journalist. After working for a while as the editor for the financial magazine RISK in New York, he finally plucked up the courage to quit his job in pursuit of his dream to write a novel. He lives in New York with his wife and son.
- Author(s)William Rhode
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.