All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn irreverent look at Presidential foibles, follies, fibs, and moral failures Were past presidents smarter, more honest, and better behaved that those we elect today? Don't bet on it! White House Confidential shows that commanders-in-chief have been lying, cheating, stealing, and womanizing from the days of the Founding Fathers. Focusing on the qualities that never made it into White House press releases, the authors look at their sexual misdeeds and strange family relationships, scandals that engulfed administrations, fights with enemies, and questionable money matters. Dip into these pages to find out: Which president was famous for being the richest man alive because of all his brilliant real estate deals? Which president was born in Canada, and was ineligible to hold the office of president? Which president caused some problems by trying to grow strange herbs in the White House garden? Which president often ordered White House staff to rub Vaseline into his scalp while he ate breakfast in bed? Which president often called his deputy chief of staff Turd Blossom ? Updated with new material about many presidents including George W. Bush and Barack Obama, White House Confidential will have you laughing (and sometimes cursing!) as you take a second look at the next occupant of the Oval Office.
- Author BiographyGregg Stebben is the author of seventeen books, including The Little Red Book of New York Wisdom with New York Mayor Ed Koch and Internet Privacy for Dummies, and an editor at Men's Health magazine. He can be heard regularly on radio stations nationwide. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with his wife, Jody. Austin Hill was the author of The Virtues of Capitalism: A Moral Case for Free Markets and a noted radio personality who appeared on some of America's finest talk radio outlets including KFI in Los Angeles; WMAL in Washington DC and KFYI in Phoenix. He lived in Boise, Idaho, with his wife, Nell, and his son, Graham. Will Durst is an Emmy-nominated political comedian who would call himself a satirist if it didn't make people think he had goat legs. He is also a nationally syndicated columnist, author, actor, one-man show writer/performer, former margarine smuggler, and sworn enemy to all tyrants foreign and domestic. He lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Austin Hill,Gregg Stebben
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byWill Durst
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.