All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $92.76Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her black sheep brother disappears, Amanda Janvier eagerly takes in her sixteen year-old niece Tally. The girl is practically an orphan: motherless, and living with a father who raises Tally wherever he lands- in a Buick, a pizza joint, a horse farm-and regularly takes off on wild schemes. Amanda envisions that she, her husband Neil, and their two teenagers can offer the girl stability and a shot at a rmal life, even though their own storybook lives are about to crumble. Seventeen-year-old Chase Janvier hasn't seen his cousin in years, and other than a vague curiosity about her strange life, he doesn't expect her arrival will affect him much-or interfere with his growing, disturbing interest in a long-ago house fire that plagues his dreams unbekwnst to anyone else. Tally and Chase bond as they interview two Holocaust survivors for a sociology project, and become startlingly aware that the whole family is grappling with hidden secrets, with the echoes of the past, and with the realization that igring tragic situations won't make them go away. Will Tally's presence blow apart their carefully-constructed world, kcking down the illusion of the white picket fence and reveal a hidden past that could destroy them all-or can she help them find the truth without losing each other?
- Author BiographySusan Meissner is an award winning newspaper columnist, pastor's wife, high school journalism instructor and author of Why the sky Is Blue, A Window to the World, and The Remedy for Regret. She lives in rural Minnesota with her husband, Robert, and their four children.
- Author(s)Susan Meissner
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight299 g
- Width132 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.