All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the introduction of salt-glazed stoneware into England by German and Dutch potters in the mid-seventeenth century, and John Dwight's patent of 1672, this book goes on to discuss in detail early industrial stoneware, the manufacture from raw materials to producing and decorating the pots, to marketing and distribution, and even the history of collecting salt-glazed stoneware. There is a chapter on the American market and the final chapter identifies, for the first time, a number of manufacturers who produced salt-glazed stoneware, attributions made possible by the excavations of pottery sites. Beyond that, there are five invaluable appendices with details of all manufacturers of salt-glazed stoneware identified thus far, price lists from the eighteenth century and an extensive bibliography.
- Author BiographyDiana Edwards is a highly-respected name in the field of ceramics and is the author of numerous books on the subject such as Black Basalt and English Dry-bodied Stoneware (with Rodney Hampson), also published by the Antique Collectors' Club. Rodney Hampson, an independent ceramic historian, has written four books as well as numerous articles and in-depth special studies on Potteries subjects. He was formerly Research Fellow in Ceramic History at Keele University and Joint Editor of the Journal of the Northern Ceramic Society.
- Author(s)Diana Edwards,Rodney Hampson
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note440 illustrations, (200 colour )
- Weight1764 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.