All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhite Self-Criticality beyond Anti-racism powerfully emphasizes the significance of humility, vulnerability, anxiety, questions of complicity, and how being a good white is implicated in racial injustice. This collection sets a new precedent for critical race scholarship and critical whiteness studies to take into consideration what it means specifically to be a white problem rather than simply restrict scholarship to the problem of white privilege and white rmative invisibility. Ultimately, the text challenges the contemporary rhetoric of a color-blind or color-evasive world in a discourse that is critically engaging and sophisticated, accessible, and persuasive.
- Author BiographyGeorge Yancy is professor of philosophy at Duquesne University He has authored, edited, and coedited seventeen books.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePhilosophy of Race
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight535 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byGeorge Yancy
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.