All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis exotic account of O'Brien's travels to the Marquesas Islands was extremely popular when it was first published in 1919, and brought about an interest in the South Pacific islands. The book was adapted into an Oscar winning (for cinematography) movie in 1928 directed by W.S. Van Dyke (best-kwn for Tarzan the Ape Man, and the first few Thin Man movies).
- Author BiographyFrederick O'Brien was born in 1869 and died in 1932. He wrote books about his travels, especially in the French Polynesian island chains of the South Pacific.
- Author(s)Frederick O'Brien
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.