All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for readers of back-packer classics such as The Beach and Are You Experienced ; those who loved Alexandra Fuller's Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight ; gap-year wanderers; those who feel the call to become a VSO; this is the perfect summer page-turner for airport-shoppers or armchair travellers. Young, American, and idealistic, the Whiteman bounds into the Ivory Coast with a deep desire to Make a Difference. But then the NGO's funding dries up and he's stranded, unable to establish a water supply for the village and with plenty of time on his hands. Taking place against the backdrop of bloody civil war, this is the story of a whiteman losing his aid-worker illusions and discovering a different, more complicated Africa: perplexing and brutal, beguiling and sexy.
- Author BiographyTONY D'SOUZA was born in Chicago to Indian-American parents. At 18 he rode a bicycle across Alaska, at 19 crossed India, at 20 planted grapefruit orchards in Israel, then attended college in Wisconsin and Virginia, spent a year working on fishing trawlers out of Oban and on construction sites in Fort William in Scotland, before serving three years in the Peace Corps in West Africa. He is now 30 and this is his first book.
- Author(s)Tony D'Souza
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication08/03/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortobello Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.