All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionWhitening Race comes to fruition at a time in world history and global politics when questions about race require critical investigation and engagement. Since the 1990s international scholars have developed a powerful cultural critique by making whiteness an analytical object of research. Whiteness has become the invisible rm against which other races are judged in the construction of identity, representation, subjectivity, nationalism and the law. With its focus on Australia, the book engages with relations between migration, Indigeus dispossession and whiteness. It creates a new intellectual space that investigates the nature of racialised conditions and their role in reproducing colonising relations in Australia. Aileen Moreton-Robinson has brought together scholars from a range of disciplines: philosophy, cultural and gender studies, education, social work, sociology and literary studies. All engage critically with the location of the social and discursive construction of whiteness.
- Author BiographyDr Aileen Moreton-Robinson is a Geonpul woman from Quandamooka. Previous to her appointment as an Australian Research Council Fellow, she taught Indigenous Studies at Griffith University and Women's Studies at Flinders University. She has been previously published in the areas of native title, whiteness, race and feminism. She is President of the Australian Critical Race and Whiteness Studies Association.
- PublisherAboriginal Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCanberra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAboriginal Studies Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAileen Moreton-Robinson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.