Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.30
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
About this product
- DescriptionScience is fun! Is the motto of this fun-filled book by Prof Reinhard Renneberg. Do you kw that in Japan, washing machines have cooking program thanks to enzyme detergents? How to make German-style beer from rice? How do you make real sw with dead frost-bacteria? Is using bio-ethal as a car fuel going against our environment? How can you clone your neighbor's beautiful cat? How to eliminate breast cancer genes before a baby girl is born? Can the financial crisis be solved by breeding better stock market traders? How to measure the fitness of students? The questions are endless. Cartoonists Manfred Bofinger (Germany) and Ming Fai Chow (Hong Kong) here together with Prof Renneberg, created a fireworks of stories with funny cartoons, which are easily digestable for the layman reader but at the same time will interest even the specialists. Through this collection of inspirational short stories, you will get a complete picture of the latest advances in modern biotechlogy with technical jargons, equations and animals harmed!
- Author BiographyReinhard Renneberg has been professor of analytic biotechnology at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (www.ust.hk) since 1955. He is the author of the extremely successful and much-lauded volume Biotechnology for Beginners , over 5,300 copies of which have been sold in 18 months. He has also written three other books on biotechnology, including the present volume. He is a co-author of the Roempp Biotechnology Dictionary, has written four monographs and 250 publications and holds 20 patents. In addition, he is involved in two biotechnology companies in Germany and China.
- Author(s)Reinhard Renneberg
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.