All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe first in a series devoted to the story of great songs and their revivals, Who Did It First? is the perfect playlist builder. Whether quizzing friends at a party, answering a radio station contest, or simply satisfying an insatiable curiosity to kw who really did do it first, this book is a must-have.Here readers will discover the little-kwn history behind legendary rhythm and blues numbers on their way to the majors. As Leszczak points out, the version you purchased, danced to, romanced to, and grew up with is often t the first version recorded. Like wine and cheese, some tunes just get better with age, and behind each there is a story. Who Did It First? contains interesting facts and amusing anecdotes, often gathered through Leszczak's vast archive of personal interviews with the singers, songwriters, record producers, and label owners who wrote, sang, recorded, and distributed either the original cut or one of its classic covers.
- Author BiographyBob Leszczak has spent the last three decades as an on-air personality all over the United States. He sang and toured in the 1980s with the Duprees of You Belong to Me fame, and he is the former writer and producer of a weekly syndicated five-hour music trivia program called Solid Gold Scrapbook. His passions are record collecting, music trivia, classic TV sitcoms and game shows, and baseball.
- Author(s)Bob Leszczak
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleWho Did it First?
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note48 black & white halftones
- Weight590 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.