All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a vel exploring a family's expectations against the frenzied backdrop of a wedding. Aisha Branch is getting married, and if she has her way, the wedding will be the event of the millennium. At 26, she is still the baby girl, the indulged only child of Camille and the only grandchild of Geneva. As the wedding draws closer, the Branch family is turned upside-down - with a wedding dress costing $7000 and a white boy as fiance. But this turmoil is thing compared to what happens when Aisha falls hard for ather man...All the excitement stirs up old memories and feelings in the Branch women, and they reflect separately on their own lives and relationships. As the drama of Aisha's love life unfolds, the three women tell their stories in their own voices in Little's most expansive and moving vel yet. Stylish and smart, Who Does She Think She Is? tackles difficult questions about the nature of family relationships. With her signature dry wit and quietly resonant insight, Benilde Little explores one family's expectations and anxieties against the frenzied backdrop of a wedding to produce a wise, funny and beautiful book about three generations of irrepressible women.
- Author BiographyBenilde Little is the bestselling author of Good Hair, Acting Out (both available from Turnaround) and The Itch. She has also worked as a reporter for People and was a senior editor at Essence. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Benilde Little
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Free Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.