Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the story of Asa H. Sheldon who was a member of Company B of the First Regiment Michigan Engineers and Mechanics in the Civil War. He joined General William Sherman in Atlanta, Ga. and helped destroy the city before they marched to the sea. Once they reached Savannah, they continued through the Carolinas before the war ended. They served in both the Army of Ohio and the Army of the Cumberland building bridges, roads, railroads, pontoons, forts, blockhouses and sawmills. They also engaged in fighting with the Confederates at Averasboro and Bentonville, N. C. This is the story of the average individual who volunteered in the Civil War, t the story of the armies, divisions, regiments or companies and their tactical or technical battle plans. He is also the great-great grandfather of the author.
- Author BiographyKathy A. Ridley lives in Swartz Creek, Michigan with her husband Art and her Brittney Spaniel named Lincoln. She is a licensed Interior Designer who is retired from a local architectural-engineering firm; and has several hobbies including genealogy, Civil War research, dollhouse miniatures, traveling, reading, golfing and her antique truck. Kathy has had articles published in Nutshell News magazine and was featured both in Dollhouse Miniatures magazine and The Miniature Catalogue. She was also featured on Michigan Magazine, a local television program. Her first book, The Original Hot Rodder, a biography about her dad Bill Waddill and the history of an early local hot rod club called the Genesee Gear Grinders, was published in 2009. She hopes to write a cookbook and an updated Old Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide.
- Author(s)Kathy a Ridley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.