Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionPINK SWALLOW was at the apex of her career as a singer and living in America, the country of her dreams, when she was murdered. Her life story was laid bare in public after she died. When the Communists took over the South in 1975, she went from a pampered daughter of a South Vietnamese general and a beautiful young star to a homeless person with an assumed identity, a prostitute, a little wife - concubine - of a high-ranking cadre, and finally back to being a popular singer. She had been among thousands of boat people who repeatedly failed in their escape from Vietnam. America had always been her aspired destination. When TRAN VU, a former actor-director living in Hollywood, went back to Vietnam to make a movie, he asked PINK SWALLOW to be his leading lady. She fell in love with Vu, unaware that he was gay. He invited her to America to attend the film's opening night. Her dream came true although she had idea her coming to America would make her an enemy of many people, including the media, in the exile community. Eleven months after she arrived in the U.S., PINK SWALLOW was dead. WHO KILLED PINK SWALLOW? is about her life and death, the sequence of events, and the people who played either major or mir parts that resulted in the tragic ending of the life of a famous singer.
- Author BiographyLE TUAN is a former film actor/director and an award winning translator. His other novels include WHITE LOTUS, GREEN BAMBOO JUSTICE and MOTHERLAND.
- Author(s)Le Tuan
- Date of Publication26/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.