All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRain --- it makes puddles for jumping in, helps birds to clean their feathers and brings out snails and worms. But what is rain? And how does it transform the world around us? With a wonderful sense of movement and color, this unique book in the Exploring the Elements series invites children to explore their world with delight and curiosity. Young readers will open the flaps to find the science of rain and related topics clearly explained. Inside, they will discover why rain falls, what raindrops really look like, why the air smells different after a rain and much more.
- Author BiographyEtta Kaner is a retired elementary school teacher and writer for both children and educators. Her children's books have won numerous awards, including the Silver Birch Award, the Scientific American Young Readers Book Award and the Science in Society Book Award. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.Marie Lafrance lives in Montreal, Quebec. She has provided illustrations for magazines, newspapers, posters, billboards and dozens of educational books for children. Now she primarily works on picture books, using her warm and gently humorous illustrations to delight and entertain children of all ages.
- PublisherKids Can Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleExploring the Elements
- Place of PublicationWest Toronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width186 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.