All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn into slavery in Maryland in 1818, Frederick Douglass was determined to gain freedom--and once he realized that kwledge was power, he secretly learned to read and write to give himself an advantage. After escaping to the North in 1838, as a free man he gave powerful speeches about his experience as a slave. He was so impressive that he became a friend of President Abraham Lincoln, as well as one of the most famous abolitionists of the nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyApril Jones Prince is the author of several children's books, including Who Was Mark Twain?
- Author(s)April Jones Prince
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication26/12/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWho Was...?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.