All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.55
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the palaces of Austria to the mirrored halls of Versailles, Marie Antoinette led a charmed life. She was born into royalty in 1755 and married the future king of France at age 15. By 21 she ascended to the throne and enjoyed a lavish lifestyle of masquerade balls, sky-high wigs, and extravagant food. But her taste for excess ruffled many feathers. The poor people of France blamed Marie Antoinette for their poverty. Her spending helped incite the French Revolution. And after much public outcry, in 1793 she quite literally lost her head because of it. Whether she was blameless or guilty is debatable, but Marie Antoinette remains woven into the fabric of history and popular culture. Series Overview: A series of illustrated biographies for young readers featuring significant historical figures, including artists, scientists, and world leaders.
- Author BiographyDana Meachen Rau has written more than 300 books for children, including picture books, early readers, nonfiction, and biographies.
- Author(s)Dana Meachen Rau
- PublisherGrosset and Dunlap
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset and Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width134 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.