All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Warsaw, Poland, on November 7, 1867, Marie Curie was forbidden to attend the male-only University of Warsaw, so she enrolled at the Sorbonne in Paris to study physics and mathematics. There she met a professor named Pierre Curie, and the two soon married, forming one of the most famous scientific partnerships in history. Together they discovered two elements and won a Nobel Prize in 1903. (Later Marie won ather Nobel award for chemistry in 1911.) She died in Savoy, France, on July 4, 1934, a victim of many years of exposure to toxic radiation.
- Author BiographyMegan Stine has written several biographies for young readers, including Who Is Michelle Obama? and Who Was Sally Ride? She lives in Clinton, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Megan Stine
- PublisherGrosset and Dunlap
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset and Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrated
- Weight122 g
- Width135 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.17
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.39
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.