All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Missouri in 1928, Maya Angelou had a difficult childhood. Jim Crow laws segregated blacks and whites in the South. Her family life was unstable at times. But much like her poem, Still I Rise, Angelou was able to lift herself out of her situation and flourish. She moved to California and became the first black - and first female - streetcar operator before following her interest in dance. She became a professional performer in her twenties and toured the U.S. and Europe as an opera star and calypso dancer. But Angelou's writing became her defining talent. Her poems and books, including I Kw Why the Caged Bird Sings, brought her international acclaim.
- Author BiographyEllen Labrecque is a former Senior Editor for Sports Illustrated for Kids and the author of over twenty nonfiction books for young readers, including biographies of Jim Thorpe and Magic Johnson.
- Author(s)Ellen Labrecque
- PublisherGrosset and Dunlap
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset and Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.