All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the man behind the board games: Milton Bradley. Born in Maine in 1836, Milton Bradley moved with his family to the working-class city of Lowell, Massachusetts, at age 11. His early life consisted of several highs and lows, from graduating high school and attending Harvard to getting laid off and losing his first wife. These experiences gave Bradley the idea for his first board game: The Checkered Game of Life. He produced and sold Life across the country and it quickly became a national sensation. Working with his company, the Milton Bradley Company, he continued to produce board games, crayons, and kid-friendly school supplies for the rest of his life. He is often credited as the father of board games, and the Milton Bradley Company has created Battleship, Jenga, Yahtzee, Trouble, and many more classic games.
- Author BiographyKirsten Anderson is a freelance writer and actress who lives in New York City with her charming Pomeranian, Sunflower.
- Author(s)Kirsten Anderson
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWho Was...?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.