All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough she grew up in rural Pennsylvania, Rachel Carson dreamed of the sea. In 1936 she began work with the Bureau of Fisheries and soon after published Under the Sea Wind, her first of many nature books. Her 1962 bestseller, Silent Spring, sent shockwaves through the country and warned of the dangers of DDT and other pesticides. A pioneering environmentalist, Rachel Carson helped awaken the global consciousness for conservation and preservation.
- Author BiographySarah Fabiny is the Editor-in-Chief of series and licensed books at Grosset & Dunlap and the author of Who Was Frida Kahlo?
- Author(s)Sarah Fabiny
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWho Was...?
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width132 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dede Putra,Nancy Harrison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.