All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionHow can an omnipotent God of love allow disasters? Bob White, a leading geophysicist, tackles one of the biggest conundrums in Christian thinking. He combines a profound kwledge of the science behind dramatic natural events with thorough research into their impact, and underpins it with a carefully reasoned theological response. Examining each type in turn, he illuminates the way in which human factors turn natural processes, without which the earth would be sterile and uninhabitable, into disasters: how population growth, widespread inequality, foolish farming and building practices, and climate change all contribute, exacerbating heat waves, famines, and droughts.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robert (Bob) White is Professor of Geophysics in the Department of Earth Sciences at Cambridge and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1994. He is also a Fellow of the Geological Society, and a member of the American Geophysical Union. He is Director of the Faraday Institute for Science and Religion. His scientific work is published in over 350 papers and articles.
- Author(s)Robert White
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Content Note4pp colour plate section
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.