All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhole Food Energy is an essential health food recipe book, featuring over 200 recipes made exclusively with whole foods, designed to ensure your body and mind are at the very peak of health to support an active lifestyle. What we put in our body has a direct impact on how well our body performs. Anyone leading an active lifestyle will be aware of this, but it is all to easy to take the lazy route of consuming store- bought energy bars thinking they will help you achieve your training goals or simply give you a quick boost during an active day. Yet, all too often, these contain hidden 'nasties': refined sugars, high salt, artificial flavors, and preservatives. Consuming whole foods as part of your everyday diet will ensure you kw exactly what you are putting into your body and help you target your specific nutritional needs. Whole foods are the purest form of nutrition- unrefined, unprocessed, high in vitamins and low in salt, carbohydrate, and fat. Packed full of natural nutritional properties that will improve your performance on the treadmill, take you from work to your spin class, and help you recover from a busy day. Featuring 200 invative and easy-to- make whole foods recipes from fit, fun foodie, Elise Museles, recipes are organised by food type, from Smoothies to Whole Food Mornings, Quick Bites, and Energy Bars. Each recipe is also color coded as energizing, sustaining, or replenishing, to help you pick the right recipe for your whole food energy needs. As well as being a one- stop-shop of delicious, quick recipes that will keep you going for longer, Whole Food Energy also includes a rundown on basic food science, so that you kw exactly how and why the food you put in your body can maintain and improve a healthy active lifestyle. From Green Energy Smoothies to Nut Butter Bliss Balls and Chia Seed Puddings, this book will ensure you are energized, sustained, and replenished as you go about your active life. Whether you need a boost before your morning run, extra energy to take you from work to the gym, or a healthy snack for after school treats, Whole Food Energy will show you how easy it is to add whole foods to your diet every single day-and to fuel your body and your mind for optimal performance.
- Author BiographyElise Museles is a lawyer turned eating psychology and nutrition expert and the voice behind the insightful blog Kale & Chocolate. A writer, teacher, speaker, and healthy lifestyle advocate, Elise helps people create a positive relationship with food and body. She receives an annual grant to lead workshops at the National Institutes of Health, and is an active member on the Environmental Working Group Board of Directors, one of America.s leading health and wellness organizations. Her advice and recipes are published in Women.s Health, Washington Well+Being, The Daily Love, and other major publications. Her recipes are featured in Dr. Chutkan.s New York Times bestselling book Gutbliss and The Microbiome Solution. Elise lives in Washington, D.C. with her husband, two sons, and adorable golden retrievers.
- Author(s)Elise Museles
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $25.95Trending at AU $27.58
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.08
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.76
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $33.79
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $39.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.